I have started the modifications on the female Mirodoll. I have one knee jointed roughed in, but there is still lots to do.
I am also going to modify the shoulders a bit so the Soom Amber head doesn't look so large. Like an idiot, I used paper clay for these joint mods which is not strong enough. I am still looking for actual old Soom thighs, but I haven't had any luck so far. I might end up sculpting new thighs all together. I have never modded anything before, so this is all kind of frustrating. I wanted to use apoxie sculpt, but didn't have any. I have sculpted in college, which is why I had all the tools needed for these mods. I have lots of clay too, but only the kind you need to bake/fire. This DAS clay I am using is the only air dry stuff I had. :(
I am also re-sculpting the Mirodoll elbow peanuts, as they are too small and rattle around inside the arms. I am researching designs, but I am not sure which one will work best.
Leave a Reply.
I'm Deadra - I'm a quiet, anxiety-filled individual with a resting bitch face. I am an artist, graphic designer, and self-made hundredaire with a strange obsession for ball-jointed dolls.